Effective Student Work Training
This two day course equips you with the essential skills and knowledge required for effective Christian student work.
The training aims to provide you with the necessary skills and resources to enable you to be effective in Christian student work and outreach to students.
It is suitable for all those engaged in working with students, particularly Chaplaincy Assistants, church or university based Student Workers, ministers and volunteers. This course is suitable for those new to their post and those looking to acquire new skills and knowledge.
- Defining the context of Christian student work
- Student engagement basics
- Leading workshops and sessions with groups
- Social media and marketing
- Facilitating bible study
- Planning interfaith activities
- Managing yourself and others
What this course does not cover
- Safeguarding and Equality & Diversity
The cost of the training is £180, including bed and breakfast accomodation, all meals and training resources. There is a 10% discount available to SCM affiliated Chaplaincies and Link Churches - please contact us for the discount code.