Movement 2017: All Are Welcome
Join us in Leeds as we celebrate the end of the year with our annual summer gathering!
We'll kick off the weekend with our Annual General Meeting and General Council Elections (more details here), followed by the annual SCM Awards! Nominations for the awards are open now, so head over to the SCM Awards nomination page to tell us who you think should win!
We're also delighted to be joined by our guest speaker, Dr Rachel Muers, Senior Lecturer in Christian Studies at the University of Leeds, and during the weekend we'll also be hearing from refugees in Leeds who will be sharing their stories of welcome. On Saturday afternoon you'll also get the chance to take part in a photography challenge, learn new skills from one another in our 'open space' session, and have a go at some guerilla gardening or yarn bombing! Throughout the weekend we'll share in times of worship together, and there will also be space to relax and build community with other students from around the country.
Spaces are strictly limited, so reserve your space now!
We'll be meeting at All Hallows Church in Leeds, which is an SCM Link Church. You can find directions to All Hallows here. There is limited parking outside the church.
Crashpad accommodation (sleeping on the floor) is available at the church for Friday and Saturday night, and you will need to bring your own sleeping bag and rollmat. If you are unable to sleep on the floor please let us know when you book and we will do our best to arrange an alternative for you.
Friday 9th June
- 4pm - Arrivals and Welcome. There will be lots of tea and cake!
- 5pm - SCM's Annual General Meeting. Not just any old AGM, but one with improv, poetry and maybe even a nod to an 80's game show... Members will also have their opportunity to elect new members to General Council.
- 7pm - Dinner
- 8.30pm - The SCM Awards. Who will win Member of the Year? It could be you!
- 10pm - We will be joining with the Syrian refugee community for their Iftar meal, and some of the refugees will be sharing their stories with us.
Saturday 10th June
- 8.30am - Breakfast and Morning Prayer
- 9.30am - Guest Speaker Dr Rachel Muers
- 11am - Coffee break
- 11.30am - Bible Study led by Revd Heston of All Hallows
- 12.15pm - Faith Reflection with SCM's Faith in Action Project Worker Ruth Wilde
- 1pm - Lunch
- 2pm - Workshops and Activities. There will be a range of things for you to dip in and out of, including Rosary making, circus skills, Campaigns action, an intro to Biblical Greek and some craftivism. We'll also be running a photography competition and there will be space to relax and unwind too!
- 5.15pm - Worship led by SCM Leeds
- 6pm - Celebration Dinner
- 8pm - Departures. You're very welcome to stay an extra night and join with All Hallows for their Sunday worship the next day, and members of SCM Leeds are happy to host people for the evening. If you're planning to stay an extra night please let us know.