Jobs and Volunteering Opportunities
Volunteer with SCM!
Fancy spending some of your time at festivals and events talking to people about how great SCM is? We're looking for volunteers to help spread the SCM joy at loads of events accross the year. If you're interested, contact Rob and let him know which festival(s) you'd like to help out with!
- National Youth Ministry Weekend (Birmingham) - November 2018
Are you looking to give something back to your community, or to develop new skills? We're always looking for volunteers to help out in the SCM office, particularly to help out with administrative tasks and keeping the website up to date. If you have some spare time and would like to help out behind the scenes, please contact Lisa - full training and support will be provided, and all expenses will be covered.
IT Support Technician – Part Time, 2.5 Days (19 hours)
Salary: £16,289 – £17,898 FTE
Closing Date: 25th May 2018
Start Date: 1st June 2018
St James's Piccadilly - Pastoral Assistant (Part Time)
St James’s is a busy Anglican Church in central London with a broad range of activities including services, concerts, a daily market and a variety of ministries and projects. We are currently looking for someone with good communication skills and the ability to work with a wide range of people. Previous experience of pastoral work, an understanding of the dynamics of parish life and a mature Christian faith are essential requirements. The successful applicant will be open, energetic, willing to learn and in sympathy with the church’s aims and ethos. Main responsibilities will be to support key areas of pastoral care and provision. These include:
- To be part of the organising team that runs a weekly breakfast for refugees
- To help with the planning for the Winter Night Shelter (runs from December until May)
- To help plan, lead and encourage the Circus Spirit, a community of people in their 20s and 30s
- To co-ordinate pastoral accompaniment for people going through the asylum/refugee process
- To be St James's Church representative for Westminster Citizens
Closing date for applications: 5.00pm on Monday 18 June 2018
Interviews: Afternoon of Wednesday 27 June 2018
Visit St Jame's website for more details.