Are you a Further Education chaplaincy looking for resources to help your students prepare for university? Perhaps you're a university chaplain looking for help to support a student group? You're in the right place!
SCM works with a range of chaplaincies across the country, providing support, training and resources for their work with students and young people. Read on for more information about how we can support you and your work.
Further Education Chaplaincies
Through our SCM Connect Project, we're excited to work with school and college chaplaincies to help support young people who are preparing to go to university. In what can be a difficult time of transition, SCM wants to support young people by equipping them with the skills they need as they begin their university life, and helping them to maintain and deepen their faith and discipleship.
Rob Chivers, the SCM Connect Project Worker, is available to help with the following:
- Providing access to loads of free resources for your young people, including our Going to Uni Guide
- Running workshops, bible studies and retreat days for your school or student group on a variety of themes
- Facilitating networking with local churches and student groups to share resources and build relationships
To find out more, email Rob or call the SCM office.
Higher Education Chaplaincies
Our team of Regional Development Workers work with chaplaincies to provide advice and resources about creating and supporting student communities on campus. By signing up as a Link Chaplaincy you will have access to a whole host of resources, including Workshop outlines, outreach ideas and Bible Studies.
Become a Link Chaplaincy for free!
As well as the resources described above, Link Chaplaincies also receive:
- Support and advice from our staff team
- Information about training that we are running in your area, and the opportunity to book onto our Effective Student Work Training before places go on general sale
- Publicity materials such as flyers, coasters and postcards
- Copies of Movement magazine twice per year, and mailings with information about new resources and upcoming events for your students and young people
- Higher Education chaplaincies will also receive a profile on SCM Connect, our online directory, which includes a short description of your chaplaincy, a photo and details of how students can get in touch