SCM is made up of a network of student communities across Britain, and it is SCM's vision that every student can find a vibrant, open and inclusive Christian community where they can explore their faith and be inspired to put faith into action.
SCM communities are unique and each group is different, but you can expect to find a warm welcome as well as activities including bible study, prayer, campaigns and social action, talks, discussions and socials. Some communities are formal university societies, and others are based in chaplaincies or churches. There are also informal communities of students that get together occasionally, as well as online communities such as the SCM Facebook group.
You can find an SCM student community near you using SCM Connect. Contact them to get involved!
If you're part of a student group you can affiliate your community and access lots of free benefits, including:
- Training for your committee at our Student Leaders' Training in September, as well as ongoing support throughout the year
- Access to resources such as bible study outlines and workshop ideas
- Invites to regional and national events
- SCM branded marketing resources including coasters, postcards and flyers as well as digital resources such as logos and social media templates
- Visits from SCM staff and volunteers to lead workshops and bible studies, or to help you run a social justice campaign
- A termly mailing with all the latest news and copies of Movement magazine for your group
- Opportunities to be involved in the global movement including bursaries for WSCF Europe conferences
To find out more about affiliating your group, contact the office.