Join a vibrant community of students who are passionate about exploring the Christian faith, promoting radical inclusivity and speaking out on issues of social justice.
SCM is student led, so by becoming a member and joining our national community you have the chance to shape the movement. Membership costs £5 per year, or £12.50 for three years, and includes:
- Membership of your local SCM group (if applicable), and connections with local link churches
- Voting rights at our Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- The chance to stand for General Council and become a trustee of the charity
- copies of Movement magazine (published twice a year) and other goodies delivered straight to your door
- Support from a dedicated Regional Worker, who helps groups to flourish and connects individuals
- Access to local, regional, and national SCM events with great speakers, challenging workshops, and fellowship with other students
- Opportunities to attend festivals and events to represent SCM
- Invitations to represent the British SCM at the World Student Christian Federation (WSCF) events throughout Europe and worldwide
- Support from SCM to campaign for social justice at a local and national level
- SCM's e-newsletter 'In the Loop', with details of upcoming events and opportunities for members in your inbox every month
- Membership of the LGBTQIA+ Facebook group, upon request
Sound tempting? Become a member today and be part of the oldest student organisation in the country!
SCM membership is open to any student studying at a UK institution of Higher Education, or who have graduated within the last three years. However, if you’re not eligible for membership, you can still get involved by becoming an SCM Friend.