Join students and churches around the world in February each year to mark the Universal Day of Prayer for Students (UDPS) or 'Student Sunday'. Save the date for 2019: 17th February.
SCM has produced a resource toolkit for 2019 that can be used by churches, student groups and individuals. You can download a copy of the 2019 Student Sunday resources here. The theme this year is Wondering and Wandering.
What is the Universal Day of Prayer for Students?
The Universal Day of Prayer for Students (UDPS) is coordinated by the World Student Christian Federation (WSCF), and has been celebrated since 1898, making it one of the oldest ecumenical days of prayer. It is marked on the third Sunday of February every year, serving as a tangible sign of our common life, connecting student movements and WSCF friends across the world.
We invite all our members and friends to unite in prayer for the world, the church, students, and WSCF itself on 17th February 2019. You may choose to set an alternate date that is more convenient for your community.
How you can get involved
- Invite someone from SCM to speak at one of your services – either on Student Sunday or another date. Contact the office if you’re interested.
- Better still, invite one or more students from your congregation, or from the local university (contact the chaplain or the SCM office for details), to share their story during the service.
- Download our resource toolkit, to help plan your service.
- Include intercessionary prayers for students during the service.
- Hold a collection for SCM to help the movement continue its work reaching students and building inclusive Christian communities at university. Download our info sheet about sending in your donations.
- Spread the word: If you're holding a Student Sunday service at your church, you will be able to download posters to put up (info to come). You can also use social media to get the word out -download our high res UDPS logo and share any other messages using #StudentSunday