"...Freely you have received, freely give." Matt 10:8 (NIV)
We here at SCM love churches and the people who make them. We rely on the generosity of a number of churches so that we can continue our life-changing work with students and graduates.
If you share our passion for student ministry and our vision that every young person should have access to an open and inclusive community, then we need your help! It doesn't matter whether you have students in your congregations or not, our work is about working at the grassroots to help students deepen their faith, seek justice and celebrate diversity. The students we work with today will go on to be the churches of tomorrow.
How can we, as a church, help SCM?
- Donate from your mission fund, if you have one. SCM reaches hundreds of students and graduates every year and this number could grow as we expand into new universities and communities.
- Book a speaker and hold a collection for SCM.
- Get involved with Student Sunday, the International Day of Prayer for Students.
- Hold a fundraising evening for us - a quiz night or a bring 'n' share meal would be an easy way of getting people together and sharing about SCM.
- Partner with SCM and share the word about what we do - perhaps include us in your newsletters and prayer diaries.
- Request SCM resources to display in your church!
If your church has a student group or would like help with starting one, or if you have young people in your congregation who will be heading to university soon, visit our get involved pages for more details of how we can support you.