Work with us!
There are no vacancies at present. For the lastest news regarding jobs with SCM please sign up to our newsletter below.
Jobs with other organisations
If you would like to advertise a job with us please get in touch!
Project Bonhoeffer - Administrator
This will entail working with and on behalf of the Trustees; line managed by the Board Chair or another Trustee appointed by them.
- Preparing agendas and taking Minutes of the Board 5- 6 meeting p.a.
- Acting as first contact for people using the website to contact Project Bonhoeffer.
- Processing applications for grants and bursaries
- Administration for one or more events each year both on-line and in person; including marketing, publicity, travel and accommodation for speakers and groups.
- Managing and updating the web site.
At present we estimate that the work might entail an average of 16 hours per month but it might grow a little later. We will pay £15 per hour plus any expenses incurred. The worker will be self-employed and will keep records of his/her working time. We hope the worker could begin July 1st or as soon after as possible. The appointment is for 12 months, potentially renewable.
For further information please contact: Mike West 0114 266 2188
Application with current C.V. with details of two referees by Monday May 31st. Interviews will be held on Zoom in the week beginning June 7th.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Able to work on own initiative from home
- Skills relevant to maintaining an active and visible presence on line including website maintenance
- Use of social media to publicise events and activities
- Able to attend meetings Board meetings and events (5- 6 time p.a) Board meeting are currently held on line, as are events. We expect to return to some face-to-face meetings in the autumn which will be held Leeds.
- Sympathy with the aims of Project Bonhoeffer
- Some understanding of the institutions of the churches and the universities.
- Experience of administrative work in charity and /or faith sector
- Experience of event organisation.
West London Mission - Christian Community Interns
Do you want to deepen your faith by serving others after graduating? Would you enjoy living in central London in a vibrant international student community? If you have recent experience of student life, are outgoing and friendly, and are not afraid of new challenges, why not join the team at West London Mission (WLM) as one of their two Christian Community interns. You will use your gifts to
- Enrich the lives of others by volunteering in some of the WLM housing and community services empowering people affected by homelessness, poverty and trauma to live more fulfilling lives.
- Pastor and equip students to put faith in action.
- Share in leading Church Fellowships.
In return you will receive
- Free accommodation at Methodist Chaplaincy House in King’s Cross.
- The knowledge that you have made a huge difference in someone’s life and have had the opportunity to develop your own gifts and skills.
Please note that this post is not paid employment - you will sign a volunteer and resident contract. This role is subject to Enhanced DBS Check.
If you know of jobs or volunteering opportunities that might be of interest to Christian students please send them to us!